As we all brace ourselves for Tropical Cyclone Yasa, the National Fire Authority (NFA) urges the general public to take heed of all necessary precautions and ensure that their homes and families are safe.

Everyone is urged to stay alert at all times and reminded to call 910 in case of any fire incident, flood water rescue, height rescue or any emergency that arises.

During the cyclone or flash flooding, power shut down is expected and people will opt to use candles and kerosene lamps.  People are reminded to take all necessary precautions while using candles, mosquito coils or kerosene lamps such as:

  • Always place candles, lamps, and mosquito coils firmly in a proper holder or on a heat resistant surface to avoid falling over and burning nearby flammable material
  • Put out candles before you leave a room and before going to bed
  • Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets
  • Keep candles, mosquito coils, kerosene lamps away from curtains, clothing or furniture, which could catch fire
  • Keep matches away from the reach of children
  • Store flammable substances such as kerosene safely and away from fireplaces.

 Note: In preparation for the upcoming TC Yasa, NFA will close its Navua Fire Station and relocate its operations to Pacific Harbour Fire Station located Off Hibiscus Road to effectively respond to any emergency call during the cause of the cyclone and until further notice.

 In an emergency, quickly dial 910 and give the NFA the best chance to reach you and help you.


Established by virtue of the National Fire Service Act, 1994 the National Fire Authority assumed responsibilities to provide fire services for the entire nation of Fiji in February 1995.


  Join our Facebook page


Address :

Argo Street, Walu Bay, Suva

Phone :

3312 877/3312 145/
3313 419/ 3313 091